Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services.
You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure.
Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products are essential.
- Design and build applications for the Android platform.
- Unit-testing code for robustness.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Have an understanding of the coding standards of the Company
- Must perform code review
- Perform sessions for knowledge sharing among team members
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related subject.
- 2-3 Years of experience is required.
- Proficient with Java or Kotlin.
- A solid foundation of modern Java data structures, algorithms, and software design and can consistently deliver testable, scalable, highly readable code.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Knowledge of material design principles.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Experience with cloud messaging API’s, offline storage, background processing, threading, and performance tuning, caching, and performance optimization.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end service.
- Experience publishing Android apps to the Play Store.
- Experience using RetroFit, Volley, FCM integration, Braintree.
- Experience in using SQLite Database with Android.
- Experience of Android JUNIT test cases.
- Experience of Google APIs like MAP, Auth, FCM, etc.
- Familiarity with open source development.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Familiarity with the Android NDK.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (GIT will be preferred).
- Good Customer Etiquette. Ability to interact with the customer especially for problem-solving and testing/integration as briefed.
We have an amazing team of qualified individuals working on highly innovative enterprise projects. People who work with us work with cutting-edge technologies while contributing success to the company as well as to themselves. This is obviously above and beyond the usual stuff (excellent pay, medical benefits and frequent appraisals).